Only two of our six new classes have places remaining
Upper Beginners Fluency Plus Class
Starts Wednesday August 19th
7 lessons – €80
Our regular Fluency Classes are designed to provide a relaxed and fun environment where we use our Italian as much as we can. Mistakes are very welcome as they are great opportunities to improve everyone’s Italian. For this reason we work in pairs and small groups (classes are limited to a maximum of 10 students) not only to ensure that everyone will actively take part in the class but also to minimize ‘performance anxiety’. During our next 7 classes we are going to work on conversational tasks which are practical, useful and fun: ask for information, buy train tickets (and get on the right train), buy bus tickets, talk about ourselves and the weather. We will watch videos and listen to audio to work on our listening and comprehension skills, learn new vocabulary and idioms. Role playing will give us the opportunity to put in practise all we learn and have a bit of fun with it!
Fluency Plus means that there is a bit of grammar included in our classes. An ‘easy to digest’ pill before starting our conversational activities. In fact, we will have some grammar to consolidate what we learned in our Beginners Class. Therefore, we will ease our way into our conversation mode and we will also get ready for our next Continuation Class, starting in October.
Intermediate Fluency Class
Starts Tuesday August 18th
7 lessons – €80
Best suited to students who have previously completed Continuation class (2 modules), or an Intermediate class or are already fluent in another romance language,
We will be working on the past tense, our vocabulary, useful expressions and Italian idioms. At the start of each lesson we will do activities to revise the previous lesson. There will be no grammar but just reminders as we go. We will use real life situations to solve problems such as renting a house, or asking for information to become more fluent and confident in our Italian
How do our online classes work
For our online classes, we are using a fabulous new video teaching tool (Zoom) that allows students to join and interact remotely. It even allows me to break the class into little breakout groups for conversation practice, allows me to go from group to group advising and assisting and then bring everyone back together just like in a regular class. The tool has a free app for whatever devices you prefer (phone, tablet, computer, laptop) that is simple to install and use (links and instructions provided). A few minutes before each lesson, you will receive a link for our class by email that will magically transport you to our virtual classroom (like teleportation in Star Trek).
What makes them great
I wasn’t sure how well it would work before I tried it but now I love it and having taught all my classes using it for a couple of weeks, my students really love it to. Some have even said they prefer it to regular classes. And not just because of the social distancing, there are a number of other advantages that I hadn’t thought about either:
- All the notes I write in class o the whiteboard (notes, new words, grammar references) are automatically saved by the program. You can see them in the app when I write them but I also email them to you after class as a reference.
- No more missing out on what I or other students say because your too far away from them. You just turn up the volume. The sound and video are fantastic quality
- I can share all the documents, grammar pages, newspapers and reference material directly so they just pop up on screen for you. I can also make notes on them directly and of course email them all to you after class
- Sit in your favourite chair, have a cup of tea (or vino) and relax during class. And wear whatever you want. We learn best when we are comfortable
- We can watch movies and other videos, play games directly through the app. We don’t even need to switch off the light
- The App is free, no login or signup process, no technical ability required
Happy to help.
Email email@example.com or call 087-9588375 with any queries you might have