Topics explored during the previous course are extended and students are continuously encouraged to speak in Italian. New vocabulary and grammar are immediately implemented in new situations such as talking about family, weather, holidays and so on. Writing skills are also developed to consolidate students’ newly learned sentence structures and listening comprehension will be part of our compiti!
PS: we will be using ZOOM 😉
Grammar wise we aim to tackle the following topics. Topics will change accordingly with the module students will be attending:
– Adjectives (primo e secondo tipo), possessive adjectives, demonstrative adjectives, (il mio cane, la mia macchina, quel bambino, quella bambina, il bel vestito, etc.)
– La famiglia nouns and rules
– Verb piacere and few other irregular verbs
– Prepositional articles (dello, nella, sul, etc.). We will implement them in new conversational tasks such as role playing in real life situations and listening activities.
– Il partitivo (ho mangiato degli spinaci, vorrei qualche pomodoro maturo, compro alcune banane)
– Irregular verbs (verbs revision for those who already attended Continuation first module).
– Passato prossimo (sono andato in vacanza, ho mangiato la mela, ho visto Maria, sono arrivato a casa presto).
– I numeri da 100 a 1.000.000.000
And a lot of revision is included in both modules!
This course is advisable for those who already attended Italian Beginners, Upper Beginners, Continuation and for those who are comfortable with the present tense (mangio, bevo, vado, regular verbs and some irregular ones), articles (il, lo, la, gli, etc.), prepositions (a Roma, in Italia, in bus, etc.), the time (che ore sono? Sono le 5), numbers and basic conversation (place an order at the restaurant, talk about themselves).